Effective Date: May 10, 2022
Bachao Notice of Privacy Practices
Bachao, as data controller, respects your privacy and is committed to letting you know how we will collect and use your information in compliance with the data protection laws and regulations applicable in your jurisdiction. This Notice of Privacy Practices describes the privacy practices we follow in connection with the Bachao sites and mobile applications that link to it (collectively our “Sites”), as well as the related consumer services offered through our Sites. It also describes the options you have regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information when accessing our Sites.
If you are not interested in this type of shopping experience or do not agree with this Notice, please do not use our Sites. Alternatively, you can review additional information about how to manage your cookie preferences here. We reserve the right to modify the terms of these Privacy Practices at any time. We will post any changes to our website. Your continued use of our Sites following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
Bachao is headquartered in Pakistan and offers its services globally. We may need to transfer your information outside of the country in which you are located and make it accessible to our affiliates and third party service providers in countries where the data protection regulations are not as strong as the regulations in your country. We do this in order to provide you with our services and for the other purposes described in this Notice. Before transferring your information, we will take steps to ensure that suitable safeguards are put in place aimed at ensuring an appropriate level of protection applies to your information, including EU Commission Approved Model Clauses for transfers involving the information of our European customers. Bachao is represented in the Pakistan by Skill Gains (PRIVATE) Limited. To contact us for further information on these safeguards or the practices described in this Notice, please contact us at privacyinquiry@Bachao.pk.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Interaction with Social Media
- Information You Share
- Information We Share
- Personal Information Retention Period(s)
- Your Choices
- Data Security
- Your Rights
- How to Contact Us
- Changes to this Notice
Information We Collect
Information you provide to us: Bachao is a membership-based site. We offer special deals and product offerings that may only be available for limited times and in limited quantities. In order to access and use the Bachao services, you must register through our Sites as a Bachao member and provide us with personal information, which includes your name, email address, physical address and phone number. If you choose not to provide the personal information needed to register as a Bachao member, you will not be able to use the Bachao services.
You will also be required to create a Bachao password. This information allows us to authenticate your access to our Sites, keep you informed in a timely fashion of special deals and product offerings, and complete transactions you initiate. When you use our services, you may also provide payment account information (e.g., credit/debit card information, bank account number), photographs in which you may be recognized, and other information about yourself, including your location if you access our Sites from a mobile device on which geolocation is enabled. If you provide us with feedback or contact us via email (for example, in response to an employment opportunity posted on our Sites), we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us (for example, a CV). If you participate in any of our surveys, promotions, contests or sweepstakes, or subscribe to newsletters or other offerings via our Sites, we may collect additional profile information. When you post messages on the message boards of our Sites, the information contained in your posting will be stored by us and other users will be able to see it.
We may also collect demographic information or personal preferences, from you via other points in our Sites which state that personal information is being collected. We may also collect information from you at events, by telephone, or during other personal interactions. Finally, we may obtain personal information from other sources (such as third party websites) and combine it with personal information about you already held.
Information collected from other sources: We may collect information about you that we receive from our fraud detection service providers, which enable us to verify or update information contained in our records and to better customize services for you.
Personal information that we collect from you about others: Your friends or family may share your personal data with us in connection with our refer a friend program, or in connection with our consumer product reviews, through which your friends or family may share photographs in which you appear. We ask that your friends or family obtain your consent prior to sharing your personal information with us
Please note that at any time you or the third party may contact us at privacyinquiry@Bachao.pk to request the removal of this information from our database.
How We Use Your Information
We process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing our Sites to you, which includes:
- Providing content, products and services, including the operational, management, and billing support necessary to accomplish those business purposes
- Post content you provide to us
- Communicating about account or transactions and sending information about features and enhancements
- Communicating about changes to our policies and practices
- Personalizing content and experiences, including providing recommendations based on your preferences
- Sending offers or promotions for our products, services or special events
- Administering contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or surveys
- Optimizing or improving our products, services and operations
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of our Sites and their purchasing patterns
- We also process your personal information when required to do so to comply with our legal obligations, including to enforce our policies and practices.
When you make a purchase or engage in another type of transaction with us, we may process your personal information to fulfill that contract.
We obtain your consent to send you marketing emails.
We may use the information from one portion of our Sites on other portions of our Sites, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of our Sites into a single record. We may also use or combine information that we receive from third-party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
We may use your information in other ways not listed here, for which we will provide notice at the time of collection and as required by legal process.
Interaction with Social Media
We may include applications from third parties on this website or through our Sites, which allow interaction or content sharing by users. Some of these applications provide specific services or content from a third party, such as a Facebook “Share” or “Like” button, and are visible to you when you visit our Sites. Your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. If you choose to log in to your Bachao account with or through a social networking service, Bachao and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. Please visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
Information You Share
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with other people you specify. You may also connect to and share your information on third party social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons, and other third party features on and connected with our Sites. You may also share with Bachao contact information of friends and people in your address book so that we can help you invite others to become Bachao members or let them know about special offers and help facilitate deliveries. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs and those of others as you choose with whom to connect, what you share with us and others, and what you make public. We cannot control the privacy of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also cannot control and are not responsible for any third party sharing services or their actions including the data that they collect from you and your device or how they use such data. Please review their privacy policies to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Share
We may share your information with third parties as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with any related entities of Bachao (“Affiliates”) that use and disclose your information for their purposes in ways consistent with this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may allow third parties who perform business services for us to access, store, and process your information in order to provide those services. Our service providers will not use your personal information for their own marketing or other business purposes without your consent.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes/Promotions. Bachao may engage a service provider to administer a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on Bachao’s behalf, in which case, by entering into the promotion, you consent to the processing of your information by such a service provider solely for the purposes of administering the relevant promotion. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion that is sponsored by Bachao and a third party, you will be asked whether you give your consent for Bachao to share your information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, with that co-sponsoring third party. If you give your consent, after the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
- Legal Disclosures. We may disclose information, including personal information, to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights, interests or property of Bachao and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with applicable law or legal process. In addition, we may disclose or transfer your information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or any other transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in accordance with applicable law.
- Third Party Applications on our Sites. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to provide you with the products and related services that we offer you through our Sites; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; or to provide specific services, such as synchronization of your contacts with other software applications, in accordance with your instructions. These third party service providers are required not to use your personal information other than to provide the services requested by us.
Personal Information Retention Period(s)
We will keep your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described above unless a longer retention is required or permitted by law, after which we will delete, anonymize, or disable access to it. The period we keep your information will vary depending on your interactions with our Sites. For example, we may retain your account data for a reasonable period of time after you disable your account. This is to enable you to easily come back and start using our Sites again. We may also keep a record of our communications with you relating to your use of our Sites, for example, if you have made a complaint, for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Emails and Other Communications. When you become a member of Bachao, you will get access to our daily deals, and other limited time and quantity offers. Bachao members receive information about the deals and offers on our Sites via daily emails and mobile alerts, as applicable. If you would like to alter the frequency and type of communications you receive from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile here, or by going to our website, and clicking on my account. If you no longer wish to receive emails about the deals and other offers on our Sites, you may change your preferences as noted above. Please note that we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as order confirmations, surveys, and other information about your transactions. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation. If you want to receive our emails, but do not wish for us to track the emails we send you, some email services allow you to adjust your display to turn off HTML or disable download of images that should effectively disable our email tracking.
Please be aware that if you use Sign in with Apple but turn off email forwarding you will not receive any emails from Bachao, including emails regarding your purchases, product recalls and related information, and responses to your request to exercise the privacy rights available to you. If you would like to receive these emails, but prefer to limit the number of marketing emails you receive, you can allow email forwarding and customize your email preferences in your Bachao account.
Third Party Links. Our Sites may contain links to other sites that Bachao does not own or operate. This includes links from advertisers, vendors, social media, co-branded sites, and other third parties. When you click on those links, these other sites may send their own cookies to your device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their privacy policies or practices. This Notice only applies to our Sites and information collected by Bachao or its Affiliates. Please also see the information about social media plug ins, accounts and cookies contained in the section Interaction with Social Media.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under 16 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
We employ certain administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help reduce the risks of loss, theft and unauthorized access associated with the information that is in our possession. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf. We also require you to enter a password to access your Bachao account information when you log in. You are responsible for keeping your Bachao account password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone..
You have a number of legal rights with respect to your information. You may exercise these rights by following the instructions described below.
- Your right to update or correct your information. You may update or correct your account information at any time after signing in to the Sites by visiting your Bachao account profile here. You may also change any of your information in your Bachao account by sending an email to GDPR.update.request@Bachao.pk. To protect the security of your information, we will ask you to provide us with information so that we can verify your identity. To help us maintain accurate, current and complete information about you, please submit only accurate and complete information whenever you provide personal information to us, and promptly update your account whenever it changes.
- Your right to access your information. You have the right to obtain information about our processing of your personal information and a copy of your personal information that we store. You can access some of the personal information we have about you by signing into your account and viewing your account details and order history. If you would like a copy of the personal information we have about you, please click here or email us at GDPR.access.request@Bachao.pk.
- Your right to request that we delete or erase your data. You have the right to have your personal information deleted or erased from our systems if the personal information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists. Please note that we are permitted to exclude some personal information from a deletion request if that personal information is necessary for us to maintain for certain permitted purposes, including for compliance with a legal obligation and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. You may request that we erase your personal information by clicking here or by emailing us at GDPR.deletion.request@Bachao.pk.
- Your right to object to or restrict our processing of your information. We give you tools in your account profile that allow you to control our use of your information. If you would like to change the amount or types of emails you receive from us (or to unsubscribe altogether), you can do so in your Email Preferences page. If you would like us to delete your personal information, you can do so by following the instructions above. You can also review additional information about how to manage your cookie preferences here. For all other requests, please email us at GDPR.objection.request@Bachao.pk.
- Your right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with your data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
- For French users you also have the right to provide directions about the processing of your personal information after your death.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or if you would like us to help you adjust your preferences, please contact us by email at privacyinquiry@Bachao.pk or call us at +92 51 272 4221.
If preferred, you may write to us at:
Skill Gains (PRIVATE) Limited,
Attn: Privacy Inquiry
3rd Floor, Crescent Heights, Civic Centre,
Phase 4, Bahria Town, Islamabad 44,000
Changes to this Notice
Any changes we may make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Continued use of the Sites or purchase of products from us following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.